Examples for this blog require the following tools under windows:
1. Scilab 5.1 which could be downloaded from: http://www.scilab.org/
Pre-cautious: After installation, run the 3d plot demo, make sure you see the graph corrently, else, try to update the graphics card driver from:
For ATI cards: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
For Intel cards: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/
For Matrox cards: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/
For NVIDIA cards: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
For S3 cards: http://www.s3graphics.com/en/resources/drivers/index.jsp
For SiS cards: http://www.sis.com/download/
For VIA cards: http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2
2. SIVP-0.5.0 from http://sivp.sourceforge.net/
I am using this package as the core for the image processing as this toolbox supports lastest version of SCILAB in Windows.
3. SIP Toolbox from http://siptoolbox.sourceforge.net/
As this toolbox do not have the binaries for Windows, but it has a lot of useful functions. Hence, I use the macros from this toolbox especially the morphology functions which is very useful!
4. ANN Toolbox from http://www.scilab.org.cn/?q=node/11
This is a toolbox created by students in SCILAB Contest 2006. There is another toolbox which I believe is more powerful, however, more syntax when calling the functions. So I use this for the simplicity.
1. Download and Install Scilab 5.1 from http://www.scilab.org/download/index_download.php?page=release#windows
2. Download and install SIVP-0.5.0 from http://sivp.sourceforge.net/
3. Download ANN Toolbox from http://www.scilab.org.cn/files/2006scilabcontest/ANN_Toolbox.rar
Install the toolbox by placing the folder under SCILAB\contrib
4. Download the code from HERE, which contains the macro from SIP toolbox, thanks sip developmet team (http://sivp.sourceforge.net/ ), and Install the toolbox by placing the folder under SCILAB\contrib
in which SCILAB is the installation path for the toolbox.
5. Launch Scilab, on the toolbox menu, click on the installed toolbox in sequence:
a. ANN_Toolbox (a GUI will pop up, just close it)
b. SIVP -0.5.0
notes: make sure the siptoobox is clicked after SIVP, as there are some functions overlapping between 2, and we are using later.